Colin Egglesfield (born February 9, 1973) is an American actor. He is best known for his portrayal as Josh Madden in the long-running soap opera All My Children, as well as Auggie Kirkpatrick in The CW's short-lived teen drama Melrose Place.
Egglesfield was born in Farmington Hills, Michigan, the second child of Kathleen (née Dineen) and William Egglesfield, a physician. His mother is Irish. He has two siblings: an older sister, Kerry, and a younger brother, Sean. He was brought up in a Catholic household.
Egglesfield spent his early childhood in the Metro Detroit area. At the age of ten, he and his family moved to Crete, Illinois, a small community south of Chicago. Growing up, he was more studious than rambunctious, preferring to spend Friday nights alone building model airplanes. His dream was to follow his father's footsteps as a physician, but became interested in acting watching his older sister Kerry perform.
Shy in his adolescent years, he credits his prep football coach with helping gain a positive self-esteem. Egglesfield graduated from Marian Catholic High School in Chicago Heights and went on to the University of Iowa's pre-med program. After he received his BS from Iowa he backpacked throughout Europe.
To earn money for medical school, Egglesfield turned to modeling. He won a contest (he entered at the urging of a friend), and soon after, he left medicine behind for a modeling career. He is signed with Beatrice Model agency in Milan, Italy, and DNA Model Management in New York City. He modeled for Versace, Calvin Klein, and Armani, among others before he started acting.
After taking drama classes, Egglesfield found himself guest starring on popular TV series such Law & Order SVU, The $treet, Gilmore Girls, Charmed, and Nip/Tuck. He also had a very small 5-word 7 second role in the 2005 movie Must Love Dogs, in addition to many other minor film projects. On September 20, 2005, he made his debut on All My Children, taking over the role of Josh Madden from his short-lived predecessor Scott Kinworthy. In 2005, Egglesfield was named one of People magazine's "Sexiest Men Alive". In 2006, he attended the Cackalacky Film Festival in Charlotte, N.C., where his film, Beautiful Dreamer, was awarded Best American Full Feature Film.
Beginning in the fall of 2009, Egglesfield portrayed chef/surfer guy Auggie Kirkpatrick in CW's 2009 series Melrose Place. However, due to a change in the direction of the show, Eggelesfield and his co-star Ashlee Simpson-Wentz were fired and his character was written out of the show during the thirteenth episode. In 2011, he starred in the film adaptation of Something Borrowed opposite Kate Hudson. As of May 2012, he is currently appearing in the The Client List as a regular and on Rizzoli & Isles in a recurring role.
He owns and runs his own New York City-based clothing company Shout Out Clothing!, which he principally uses as a vehicle to promote and support educational initiatives such as Project Grad, and also "Stay in school" programs.
|2002||Lost in Oz||Calleb Jansen|
|2004||12 Days of Terror||Alex|
|2005||Vampires: The Turning||Connor|
|2005||Must Love Dogs||David|
|2009||The Good Guy||Baker|
|2011||Something Borrowed||Dexter Thaler III|
|2000||The $treet||Artist||Cameo appearance|
|2001||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Steven||1 episode, (2x17)|
|2004||Gilmore Girls||Sean||1 episode, (4x17)|
|2005||Charmed||Tim Cross||1 episode (7x21)|
|2005–2009||All My Children||Josh Madden|
|2009–2010||Melrose Place||Auggie Kirkpatrick||Main role|
|2010||Hawaii Five-0||Jordan Townsend||1 episode (1x10)|
|2010||Brothers & Sisters||Young William Walker||1 episode (4x18)|
|2011||Carnal Innocence||Tucker Longstreet||TV Movie|
|2011-present||Rizzoli & Isles||Tommy Rizzoli||Recurring character|
|2012-present||The Client List||Evan||Series regular|
- ^ Millsap, Jeanne (29 April 2011). "Kate Hudson co-star to premier 'Something Borrowed' in Morris". The Joliet Herald-News. Chicago Sun-Times.
- ^ "'Something Borrowed' hottie wows crowd at Morris showing". The Joliet Herald-News. Chicago Sun-Times. 6 May 2011.
- ^ Fuller Knox, Leslie (7 May 2011). "From Marian Catholic to 'Man Candy': Southland's Colin Egglesfield Talks 'Something Borrowed,' Football, Family & the Soaps". Tinley Park Patch. Patch.com.
- ^ http://www.thatsfit.com/2007/11/29/celebrity-fitzness-report-all-my-childrens-colin-egglesfield/
- ^ a b "Colin Egglesfield - Official Website - Bio". Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ^ "20TH ANNIVERSARY SEXIEST MAN ALIVE ON SALE November 18". People Magazine. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ^ "Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Colin Egglesfield Fired from Melrose Place Read More at: http://movieline.com/2009/10/22/ashlee-simpson-wentz-and-colin-egglesfield-fired-from-melrose-place/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral". Movieline. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ^ "Colin Egglesfield prepares to take Something Borrowed". She Knows. Retrieved 22 October 2012.